Green – Bio Products
The package that keeps the product fresh and protects it best is always the most ecological choice. Therefore, we want to find even better materials and energy efficient production methods. Our packages ensure that your products get the best protection and stay fresh for long as possible, safe from external threat and contamination.
- Ecoplast PE
- Ecoplast CPP
- Ecoplast PE renew, at least 80 % bio based
A recyclable, slowly biodegradable oil-based material. The attributes of the films are very similar to normal oil-based materials. The product is tested and certified to decompose in both aerobic and anaerobic conditions, as well as in sea water within 1-10 years, depending on the size of the product and the environment where it ends up in. It does not fulfil the EN-13432 standard for biodegradability, which requires a faster decomposition time in industrial compost.
+ extra value for consumers
+ biodegrades in the environment
+ 100 % recyclable
+ clear and translucent
+ cheap when comparing to other biodegradable materials
The utilities of the film are highlighted in packages that are at risk to end up in the environment. The recyclability of the material is retained, which means the product can be utilized as raw material multiple times.
A recyclable, slowly biodegradable oil-based material.
Biobarrier Cardboard Boxes
Cardboard with a bio film coating, which can be utilized to make several types of grease-resistant packages, such as e.g. our standard pastry boxes.
+ 100 % biological material
We have a selection of degradable paper choices for grease-resistant wrapper solutions.
+ 100 % biological material
Bio Bin Bags and Trash Bags
Degradable Flow Pack Films
Made with at least 50% recycled material.
What Are Bioplastics?
Bioplastics can be divided into two groups: biological-based and biodegradable, and combinations of the two.
- Made entirely or partially with renewable resources
- Bio-based materials can be created from agricultural high-carb plants like sugar reed, lingocellulose from forestry, or biological waste.
- In 2017 the farming of bio-based plastic raw materials used about 0,016 % of the Earth’s land mass. The mass is estimated to grow to about 0,021 % by 2022.
- Are degraded by microbes into oxygen, carbon dioxide or methane and biomass in industrial compost.
- All biodegradable products do not fulfil the EN 13432 standard.
- Biomass does not necessarily contain nutrients
- Compostable products fall under the biodegradable category, but there is no international standard for products that compost in household conditions.
Why choose us?
Business that Focuses on the Customer
According to our surveys, our customers are happy with our products. This is no surprise, because customers are the baseline for all our activities. Especial accolades have been given to our customer service, which we will continue to develop even further in the future.
The packaging industry needs new products, materials and environmentally friendly solutions. We actively develop our business and help to create a society where packaging is more than just a necessity that ends up as waste immediately.
Aspelin Group is a family-owned business, and our values reflect it. We trust in the quality of Finnish work and stand firm behind our products and production. We will continue to develop our products in Finland and wish to be trailblazers in developing Finnish industry.
We wish to offer the best possible quality, both in our products and services. Continuous development and quality improvements are a part of our everyday activities. It is our wish that the top quality of today is the regular quality of the future.